Master of Arts
Capstone Coordinator (Advisor 1)
Reader (Advisor 2)
Reader (Advisor 3)
What can a church do to motivate Christians into serving outside of the church? This study explored and identified that Christians who participate at a high-level in missions/servant opportunities are motivated by a leader to be involved outside the church, are regularly studying the Bible, are praying for the lost, and have a church that plans mission/servant opportunities. In addition, they are motivated by someone personally asking 1hem to get involved. During 1he study, Focus Group Sessions were held to answer the following major questions:
- Major Question #1 - What is the main reason you currently are involved in mission/servant opportunities?
- Major Question #2 - What has the impact of our leadership's encouragement or prioritization been on your level of involvement in mission/servant opportunities?
- Major Question #3 - What has the impact of Bible study been on your level of involvement in mission/servant opportunities?
- Major Question #4- What has the impact of prayer focused on non-believers been on your level of involvement in mission/servant opportunities?
- Major Question #5 - What has the impact of our church providing the planning and organizing of mission/servant opportunities been on your level of involvement?
- Major Question #6- What has the impact of your relationships with others who are participating been on your level of involvement in mission/servant opportunities?
Quantitative information was also gathered in a written questionnaire format to assess the degree Christians have been influenced by leadership, Bible study, prayer, and planned mission/servant activities.
Recommended CitationHewitt, S. (2006). Motivating Christians to Reach Out Through Witness and Service (Thesis, Concordia University, St. Paul). Retrieved from https://digitalcommons.csp.edu/legacy-capstones_maco/6
Available when logged in with your CSP email address and password.
For users outside of the CSP community, use the "Request Access" button to submit a request for full text.