- 8.6 million sports and recreation related injury episode per year
- Inadequate rehabilitation and premature return to play identified as risk factors for multiple lower extremity injuries
- Assess the effectiveness of a return to sport program established for patients with lower extremity injuries.
- Outcome Measures: IKDC, TSK-11
- Performance based tests for pre and post assessment: Single leg timed hop, triple crossover hop
- Statistically significant changes from pre- to post-ASCEND in: 6 meter single-leg timed hop, triple crossover hop, IKDC, TSK-11
- The ASCEND return to sport program elicits statistically significant change in single leg timed hop, triple crossover hop, IKDC, and TSK-11.
- A high density return to sport program can elicit change through agility, plyometrics, strength, core, and endurance training.
Johnson, Shani PT, DScPT, COMT; McIntosh, Kelleigh Harman; Stephenson, David; Trujillo, Claire; and Williams, Kathryn, "To Sport Program After Lower Extremity Injury" (2021). DPT Capstone Posters. 8.